CNC lathe processing is a high-precision, high-efficiency automatic machine tool that uses digital information to control the displacement of parts and cutters. Because CNC lathe processing is a clamping, continuous and automatic processing to complete all turning procedures, so you should pay attention to the following matters when performing CNC lathe processing.
The three elements of cutting conditions for CNC lathe processing: cutting speed, feed rate, and depth of cut will directly cause tool damage. As the cutting speed increases, the temperature of the tooltip will rise, which will cause mechanical, chemical, and physical wear. Cutting speed increased by 20%, tool life will be reduced by 1/2. The influence of feed rate on tool wear is smaller than cutting speed, but when the feed rate is large, the cutting temperature rises, and the tool wear is greater. Although the influence of cutting depth on the tool is not as large as the cutting speed and feed rate, when cutting at a small depth of cut, the material to be cut will produce a hardened layer, which will also affect the life of the tool.
1) Choose high-strength and durable tools to meet the requirements of large back-grabbing and large feed when roughing.
2) When finishing turning, choose high-precision and durable tools to ensure the requirements of machining accuracy.
3) To reduce the time of tool change and facilitate tool setting, machine-clamped knives and machine-clamped blades should be used as much as possible.
1) Try to use general fixtures to clamp the workpiece, avoid using special fixtures;
2) The part positioning datum coincides with reducing the positioning error.
The processing route is the movement track and direction of the tool relative to the part during the processing of the index-controlled lathe.
1) It should be able to guarantee the processing accuracy and surface roughness requirements;
2) The processing route should be shortened as much as possible to reduce the idle travel time of the tool.
When processing CNC lathes, you should pay attention to the above four precautions as much as possible. Only by choosing the most suitable CNC lathe processing method can the processing efficiency and machining accuracy of CNC lathe processing be improved.